Little Birds

July 28, 2019





Poor little sparrows 
Flap your wings 
Let the blood drip 
From your skin
Deep wounds till your bones 
Let them show
like the morning sun 
Fly,
fall again in the mud 
Let the dust turn red 
Let you turn into dust
Who killed you? 
Little sparrows
Perched on the clouds 
Above my window panes
Whose arrows are these?
Fly, birds 
Let it rain blood 
Go to your nests, 
burnt
On the placid oceans 
Pull threads of her wave
Weave another lonely home 
On the petals of a scarlet rose 
Sweet birds 
This is no place to be 
Fly before your feathers fall 
As the Autumn's leaves 
Sit on the earth
That has turned yellow from green 
Here now take this dew-drop 
From the blade of grass 
Under my bloodied feet 
I am not walking any more 
No place where I should be
I rest here
By you
Take my wings 
Sweet birds, 
Today 
Just take my heavy dreams. 



Picture source: Google; Carel Fabritius' The Goldfinch, 1654
Copyrights of the poem are with Dabbler Scribbles(Abhishek Kumar)

You Might Also Like

1 comments