OCEANS

July 14, 2021

 



I am painting you

This is night sky

You are a poem, remember

I am you, I am you

Click a picture,

Black and white

We will tell stories

You and I

But you are me

Have you heard of magic?

The picture is blur

Only half of my hand

That I raised to dance

To a different music




I know you, I know you

Take this rope

Climb up to the moon

Or pull it

Like you pulled me

If you like




I will give you 

part of my earth

Give me a part of your sky

I have picked up dead dragonflies

Walking by the riverside

I have wings, no flight

Take me

I am a feather now

You are me, I am you

This night is a lie

Like every other night

Deep dark lie that I have told you

You are not a sad story

Darling, remember

These are not dark colors

Look at the picture again

A wire against my eyes

My hair is messy

Funny little picture, isn’t it?

I smile

I can hear music, coming

From the photograph

The camera is broken

Pieces by the wall




I open my fist

To throw away dragonflies

We are in a garden

No trees, no flowers

I am becoming you

With every step you move

Towards the ocean, listen

I am becoming you



I was lost

Lost for ever

Walk up to me, walk

I am at the shore now

The ocean was deep

I danced raising my hand

Everyday

In the deep gorges and canyons

Of the ocean floor

I could see everything

Like a man

Sitting on the tallest mountain

I was all what the ocean had

I was what the ocean was

But today is different

I am leaving the ocean

The water runs dry

From my skin

Like clouds rushing towards the sky

I can't move, I can’t move

You are walking up to me

Take me

I whisper again into the sea shells

Take me

Before the earth cracks open again

And all the dead dragonflies

Throw their wings at me

Bring your piece of sky

Take my earth

And let me become

What I should have already been

Alive!

I am you, you are me

Here, today, death meets life

I am leaving the ocean

Our ocean

I am smiling

Remember, the night is a lie.  


 

Pic source: Google

Poem (c) Dabblerscribbles, Abhishek Kumar 


You Might Also Like

0 comments